Tuesday, March 15, 2011
September & October in review....
First day of school......I could NOT believe it! I was NOT a blubbering mess - I think it helped that there was a couple days before hand that Mayson (and me) got to go meet her teacher and spend an afternoon in the class. If I had to go and just drop her off with no prep time, I don't think I could have done it. She has the sweetest teacher who was seriously BORN to teach kindergarten, and we love Mrs. Barrow. She is awesome. Mayson was too shy to let me take a picture of just her, but she let me take some with her and Avery. Roewyn was too busy watching Bo On The Go. And you can see Avery's eyes aiming that way....
She LOVES school. Some mornings I wake her up and she says "ugh, I'm so tired". I say "well do you want to go to school or do you want to stay home?" Its a rhetorical question, because I know darn well she's going to jump out of bed, suddenly awake, and says "Go to school". She is doing AWESOME. She is so smart. She has so much fun learning and comes home everyday with a new word that she can read and spell. She does a good portion of the bedtime story reading, and is always willing to read a book to her sisters. She is very excited to get to go EVERYDAY next year. I'm kind fo liking the day on-day off idea.
Mayson's charlie-horse. She had tied a skipping rope to a shelf bracket in the basement, and was swinging from the couch to the chair. I guess she missed the couch on her return trip and started crying HARD. I ran downstairs and she was lying on the floor still clutching the rope. She had banged her thigh into the edge of the sidetable. She decided to rest it for a bit, then later that day was playing the same game. And she missed again and slammed AGAIN into the sidetable's edge - and we found this bruise the next day. Whenever she see's the picture now she says "man that hurt".
Ah, nothing playing in crunchy leaf piles. I raked all the leaves in an effort to CLEAN the yard, but the girls thought it was a gift for them :). They had SO much fun, especially Roewyn. She thought it was just great. We played in the leaves for about an hour and a half.



This was Roewyn's FAVORITE part - everytime Mayson or Avery threw leaves in the air, Roewyn would bust a gut as they fell on her head, to the point where she would be losing her balance from laughing so hard. It was hilarious. She kept saying "do it again, do it again!"
Old news for all of you now, but we were pretty excited and shocked when we found out our baby was a BOY. Jon came to the ultrasound with me, and when the tech said "Your girls will be excited to know that they are going to have a little.....brother", I was like "WHAT!? We don't make those!" Once all the measurements and such were done, I HAD TO PEE, and when I came out Jon was already on the phone to his dad :). And I peed fast! But not long now, hopefully, until this boy makes his entrance. I am excited and a bit nervous to see the differences between raising boys vs. girls. And I want to see what he looks like :)
Just playing. Mayson was on an off-day for school, and we had a pajama day, which happens a lot on her off-days.
Getting ready for pumpkin carving.....Roewyn looks excited :)
Roewyn got right in there and started scooping. She was still a bit young the year before, so it was fun seeing her get in on it for the first time. Avery didn't want to do it 'cuz it feels disthguthting'. Mayson was more interested in separating the seeds from the slime so we could roast them for a snack.
We got 3 pumpkins, and Mayson and Avery got to draw their own face on them, and Jon did one. This is Mayson's. After they drew the face they wanted, Jon started the cuts and Mayson and Avery pretty much finished it themselves.
Ready for our ward's Trunk or Treat. Our ward had a dance, some games and a parade of costumes, then we hit the parking lot. Roewyn was so funny - as we went to each car, she would look in her bag each time something was dropped in and just look up at me with this kind of surprised look on her face, like 'really? This is sweet!'. After the candy started running out and things were winding down, we stopped at a friends vehicle to say hi, and Roewyn just leaned over to the girl and said "I want some CANDY". Like hello, I came to your car, you're supposed to give me a treat. We went to Walmart the next week and on our way out to the car, Roewyn was saying "Trick or treat, I want some more candy". I kept telling her that Halloween is over, but she was still in the mood I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment