| So Mayson was saying to me this morning that she 'has lots of dreams'. So I said 'oh you had lots of dreams last night?' And she said 'no, I have dreams about when I grow up'. Then I said 'That's awesome. What do you want to be when you grow up?' She looked at me kind of confused and said 'I don't want to be anything, I just want to be me'. I thought that was the perfect answer for a 3 1/2 year old girl. I am so grateful that my girls are confident and independant. I help them as much as they let me, LET being the key word, but I know that their desire to learn and do things on their own has help develop their confidence in themselves. And I am glad that even at 3 1/2, Mayson already has a sense of who she is and is happy with herself. |
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
When I grow up....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment