Friday, January 9, 2009

Snotty Noses & Sleepless Nights

So Roewyn has developed her first cold. It started on monday as a runny nose, and I just thought it was due to teething - I was wrong. It soon turned into a stuffy nose, add chest congestion and coughing. So after numberous slatherings of VapoRub and nose wipings, she is finally starting to come ot of it, thankfully. It has been 5 days of no sleep for either of us, and absolute misery for her. It is hard to give your sick baby lots of fluids and rest when she doesn't have an appetite, and is too uncomfortable to sleep. And when she did want to eat, she either couldn't taste it or couldn't breathe long enough to suck and swallow. So glad its over. You can tell by the picture how fuzzy she felt.

And yes, she has figured out how to climb the stairs, the first one at least. Once I saw her little knee creep its way up, I knew it was over....


I meant to put these with the Christmas post but forgot. I got 3 sets of these antlers at Restoration Hardware on Boxing Day. They light up and they are super fun. I think Roewyn looks hilarious because they are about as wide as she is long... I told Mayson to smile and she was like 'Mom I don't want to smile, I just want you to take my picture with my antlers and me not smiling.' Pardon et moi!





No comments: